Frequenty Asked Questions
Here you’ll find some commonly asked questions.
Why did you decide to be a Certified Executive & Communication Consultant rather than Speech Language Pathologist (SLP)?
I still love being a registered SLP because I am authentically a huge linguistic geek. However, in order to continue to grow and be impactful, I needed to disrupt my “status quo” by climbing up a different but aligned professional ladder. What does a SLP who has a very laser focused Masters and skills pivot towards? Given my coaching nature during my consultations, my passion for sharing my information & watching others grow and my belief that the world will be a better place, on so many levels, if we all could have healthy, impactful and influential conversations, I established Your Influential Presence: Be Your Message – Make Every Conversation Count!
What kind of impacts can I expect from working with you?
Since everyone finds themselves at different places on their journey of development, we start with your current presence and communication skills and build from there towards your destination. Together, we formulate a plan and work together to your success as I bring the expertise on communication and you bring the expertise on you, your wants, needs, dreams, goals, and your ideas that you want to communicate.
Some general positive side effects may include, but is not limited to, increasing your likeability factor, being given more responsibility or getting that promotion, being given a challenging but coveted task, repeat clients who come to you, increase in your mental health strength and confidence, influencing outcomes, etc. The impacts and possibilities are endless!
Will I see results even after one session?
After only one session, leveraging your growth mindset, you will have new knowledge and a plan to implement your new communication habits! You may see an immediate observable change or a series of observable micro-changes toward new impacts and outcomes. However, remember shifting our behaviour may surprise others and those micro-changes may be more important as you continue to build trust with the different people you are interacting with.
What does a Speech Language Pathologist know about business?
When asked, I was rather thrilled by the curiosity of this question. Although I have supplemented my most recent education with some business courses (e.g. MBA certificate through McGill University), I am leveraging my 25 years in education. My superpower is to support others with changing their behaviours, for the better. I am not the person to call to help you with your strategic plan but rather the person who will help you communicate your strategic plan to spark engagement, excitement and follow through.
What QUALIFICATIONS DO YOU HOLD?
- Graduate Certificate – Certified Executive Coach, Royal Roads University, Victoria, Canada
- ACC Member of the International Coaching Federation (ICF)
- Masters in Health Science, Speech Language Pathology / Orthophonie, Université Laurentienne, Sudbury, Canada
- Registered Speech Language Pathologist the Canadian and Ontario Professional SLP Colleges (CASLPO & CASLPA)
How hard it is to strengthen my communication and conversational skills?
Your communication and conversational skills are like any other skills. It is something you do. It is something you develop. You are essentially shifting your communicative behaviours and developing new, sustainable positive habits that serve you beyond “it’s good enough”. So, yes! Developing any new habit, including your communication skills, is a challenge. That is why I have a number of resources (articles, videos, podcasts and of course working directly with me) to help you be successful and develop those sustainable new communication behaviours.
What Professional Training/Additional Competencies have you acquired?
- Conversational Intelligence Certification – C-IQ (2018), NYC, U.S.A
- Cross-Cultural Certification (2018) – Philippe Ronsinski , Luxembourg
- Communicate to Influence: Verbal & Non-Verbal Communication (2017)– Decker Communications, NY, U.S.A.
- Communicating Effectively (2017) – Desautels Faculty of Management – McGill University, Montréal, Canada
- Mini-MBA – McGill Executive Institute (2016) – McGill University, Toronto Canada
- Bilingual en français and in English – written & spoken
- Educated in Canada, France and Switzerland
- Coaching and SLP clients within the Greater Toronto Area, Switzerland and the Middle East (UAE & Qatar).
- Certified in Non-Violent Crisis Prevention and Intervention
- Level I – Violence Threat Risk Assessment (VTRA) Training
Are you related to the Eric Nesterenko, the hockey player?
Yes, I am, and I get asked this all the time! I call him Uncle Eric although he is my father’s cousin. He lives in Colorado and still skis over 100 days per year in his mid-80s. Very interesting human being. The stories I have heard about the NHL in the 50s-60s 😉 His family are relatives I actually really do like.
…and yes, he was Rob Lowe’s father in the movie Young Blood.
Still have questions or want to work together?
Please shoot me a message using the contact form, and I’ll respond within 24 business hours.
Monday – Friday 9-5 p.m.
EST Time Zone